Of the 1,000,000 automotive jobs in the U.S., about half are in Indiana or its four neighboring states (Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky). Indiana ranks 3rd in automotive jobs per capita, with 4.4x as many industry employees as the national average.
The Hoosier Energy Region provides an economically friendly climate for automotive businesses, and workers enjoy a cost of living that is 5.5% below the national average. Qualifying manufacturers and suppliers also benefit from tax advantages like the Motorsports Sales Tax Exemption and the Hoosier Alternative Fuel Vehicle Manufacturer Tax Credit.
- Cummins Inc.
- GECOM Corp
- GM Powertrain
- Faurecia Emissions Control Technologies
- Toyota Motors
- Valeo Engine Cooling, Inc.
Automotive By The Numbers
- Indiana ranks 2nd in motor vehicle GDP and in motor vehicle gross operating surplus
- Indiana ranks 4th in value of outbound motorized vehicle shipments
- The Hoosier Energy Region is within 250 miles of seven of the top 10 largest automotive markets
- Projected 7% growth through 2022 (Emsi)