The Hoosier Energy Region is a prime location for Heavy Machinery operations given Indiana boasts the best business regulatory environment of all 50 states. Both Indiana and Illinois are dominant in this industry, ranking 4th and 6th, respectively, in machinery manufacturing GDP per capita. Continued growth is expected through 2022.
- Airtex Manufacturing Llp.
- Clarcor Air Filtration Products
- Crown Equipment Corporation
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Climate Control Inc.
- NTN Driveshaft Inc.
- Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing
Heavy Machinery By The Numbers
- Indiana ranks 4th in its percentage of residents working as Industrial Engineers
- Indiana has the third most industrial robots of any state, housing 8.3% of all U.S. industrial robots
- Columbus, Indiana has the highest concentration of Heavy Machinery workers of any U.S. city
- Four of the top 10 industry employment markets are within 250 miles of the Hoosier Energy Region