Our regional labor force is comprised of nearly 1.1 million people, and we have 22,585 graduates from five of our largest area institutions who enter the workforce each year. This consistent pipeline ensures companies and businesses can fill jobs with educated and skilled talent.
Workforce by the Numbers
- More than 50% of our population is of working age (25-64); the median age is 40
- Over 81% have a high school diploma
- 14% hold a bachelor’s degree and 8% possess a graduate degree
- 10% of the country’s primary metal and transportation equipment workforce resides in Indiana
- Regional unemployment rate: 3.4%