There are numerous advantages to doing business in the Hoosier Energy Region that encompasses south central Indiana and southeastern Illinois. Our low cost of doing business, highly sophisticated transportation network, and prosperous industry clusters top the list.
- Indiana boasts the 5th best cost of doing business in the U.S.
- Cincinnati, Louisville, Nashville, Chicago, and St. Louis are all within a 4-hour drive of Hoosier Energy’s territories
- Indiana is ranked 2nd for strength of state infrastructure (only trailing Texas)
- Indiana is the self-proclaimed “Crossroads of America” and home to the median center of the U.S. population meaning superior access to markets
- Indiana is the 4th most business-friendly state
- Of the 1,000,000 automotive jobs in the U.S., about half are in Indiana or its four neighboring states: Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky
- Illinois ranks 2nd for business creation and number of headquarters
- The Prairie State is the second largest producer of computer science graduates
- Annually, Illinois sees $100 billion in foreign direct investment, and is home to more than 1,900 international companies and five international airports
- Illinois is the only state with all seven Class I railroads
- Illinois claims the 5th highest GDP in the nation, boasts the 19th largest economy in the world, and is home to 37 Fortune 500 companies