With project Requests for Information (RFIs) electric utilities often receive inquiries on two items:
- Is there capacity to serve the load?
- How much will the power cost?
In order for us to be able to answer these questions we often need details on the potential customer’s power usage including:
- Amount of the electrical load (also referred to as Demand measured in kW or MW and/or Energy measured in kWh or MWh)
- Nature of the electrical load (with such characteristics as Load Factor and Power Factor)
- Nature of the business or industry (how many hours of operation, types of equipment, etc.)
The cost of delivery is also impacted by the existing infrastructure in proximity to the site.