Highways in Indiana and Illinois
More highways intersect in Indiana than any other state, and Illinois adds to the connections. So maximizing your supply chain opportunities throughout the U.S. is simple.
- Interstate 69 – Currently connects Indianapolis, Indiana, to Port Huron, Michigan, and the Canadian Border. Now under construction:
Connection from Indianapolis, Indiana, to Evansville, Indiana. (The Bloomington to Evansville portion will open in 2015.)
Proposed future route: Continues south to the Mexican border.
- Interstate 65 – Runs from Gary, Indiana, in the Northwest, south through Indianapolis, Indiana, and Louisville, Kentucky.
Continues south to Mobile, Alabama. I-65 is also the main connection between Indianapolis, Indiana, and the Chicago,
Illinois, metro area to the north.
- Interstate 70 – This east-west interstate runs directly through Indianapolis, Indiana, connects with I-57 in Illinois
(to lead to Chicago), and continues west to Utah.
- Interstate 64 – Is paramount for southern Indiana and Illinois transportation. Runs from St. Louis, Missouri, through Indiana,
to Louisville, Kentucky, and Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Interstate 74 – Runs southeast from Iowa through Indianapolis, Indiana. Offers direct access to Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Interstate 55/Interstate 57 – Is integral to Illinois transportation. Connects Chicago, Illinois; Springfield, Missouri;
St. Louis, Missouri; Memphis, Tennessee; and New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Interstate 8 – This East-West Interstate provides direct access to the metros of Cleveland, Ohio; Des Moines, Iowa; Omaha,
Nebraska; Lincoln, Nebraska; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Sacramento, California.